Accident as named driver affect owners NCB?

L

lubie76

Hi looking for advice on a car insurance claim.
I have just got my full licence but up to this have been driving as a fully comp named driver on my partners policy. In November I had an accident where I failed to stop in time at a red light and tipped the car in front of me. Although there was no damage bar a few scratches to the cars, the other driver is claiming personal injuries and I have received a letter from his solicitor confirming this.
I have a feeling this is a false claim as the driver made a couple of statements about Quinn (my insurance company) having loads of money and about ambulance chasing etc so have reported this to Quinn and to the false claims people. They are now investigating it so it is out of my hands.
Anyway what I want to know is the implications for myself and my partner’s future insurance. He had only being insured a year so had only one years no claims bonus. Will he just lose this if the injury claim is successful? I feel really bad as he is already in the high risk category (male, 25yrs). Also will I be badly affected when the time comes to get my own policy with my full licence? I would rather take the wrap for the incident and pay the extra but is this even an option?

If it goes through your partners insurance yes. I assume your insurance will also be effected, as you'll have to declare the accident. What difference it will make will differ between different insurers. If someone is trying to claim falsely I don't know what you can do about about it. Except keep the pressure on the insurance company to investigate it.

Back