Access to ORIGINAL terms & conditions

T

TMcC

Can someone indicate
  • What are my rights of access to the ORIGINAL terms and conditions of a bank account
  • Is the bank required to retain the ORIGINAL terms & conditions on an account that has always been live and active.
  • Can I request access to the generic terms & conditions pertaining to a particular savings account type from the early 1990's.
Background
I have requested the ORIGINAL terms & conditions from my bank on a savings account set up in the early 1990's. This account has always been live and active.
At the time of opening the account, the bank advertised the fact that the savings account could operate with direct debits, standing orders at no cost.
I still have active direct debits on this savings account but the bank refuses to set up any further standing orders or direct debits, which has in turn forced me to open a current account.

The bank has replied stating that they no longer hold the ORIGINAL terms & conditions and can only provide their PRESENT terms & conditions as governing savings accounts, and that they have the right to change terms & conditions at any time.
I know that this is their right in their PRESENT terms & conditions but I believe it was not included in the ORIGINAL terms & conditions, which is why I believe they are refusing to send me the original.

Back