Access to eircom.net abroad

hansov

Anybody got a telephone number for accessing eircom.net while I am in the UK? Here I use a pay-as-you-go eircom account (dialling a 1891 number) and could use access to the internet when I am in the UK in the next couple of weeks. Thanks

Last edited:
I would think you'd want to sign up to a UK ISP before you travel to use while you're there?

No point in dialing back to Ireland!
Otherwise webcafe's or libraries might be better?

I don't know for sure but I suspect that you would not be able to dial an 189n number from abroad, i.e. 00 353 189n.

If it's just browser access, then you don't need your ISP. If it is mail you need, then check are eircom.net supported by mail2web.com.

Thanks folks. I suspect Tarfhead that you are correct - hence my question. I didn't want to go to the trouble of setting up a UK-based ISP and then having to do the same when I go to other countries such as Belgium and Spain. Eircom is set up on my laptop and all I needed to do (or so I thought!) was to change the dial-up number. I know that eircom has a national number (accessable from abroad) for subscriber eircom.net customers who travel but not for those who PAYG.

The location you are going to should have local access numbers
And most Hotels offer Broadband. Or at least a hotspot wifi area

hansov said:
Anybody got a telephone number for accessing eircom.net while I am in the UK?

ther is an Irish ISP which has a UK 0845 access number.

This is Elivefree.

here is their homepage

http://www.elivefree.net/

with full details of setting up an account. You don't need to access via eircomnet, and you can pick up your e-mail via

http://www.mail2web.com

all you need is your username and password.

if you need help setting this up, post back or PM me.

TarfHead said:
I don't know for sure but I suspect that you would not be able to dial an 189n number from abroad, i.e. 00 353 189n.

If it's just browser access, then you don't need your ISP. If it is mail you need, then check are eircom.net supported by mail2web.com.

Why use mail2web.com ? Eircom have a webmail interface of their own.

Back