ACC bank , whats going on ?

mikeyny

Here's the story so far . Lodged a bank draft on January 12th , was purchased in New York as a euro draft and the source bank where the funds were drawn was Bank of Ireland St Stephens Green . Went in today to get some cash and the draft has not cleared as of today Feb 2nd.
How could it take 21 days and counting for this draft to clear ?The girl at the counter said it may not be available until monday next .
Needless to say i will be voting with my feet as soon as possible .

ACC Bank? I thought they had stopped doing high street banking? Sorry, just curious. As for your concern above, I think the delay is because it was purchased in the USA. I have had these delays myself.

Mimi

Since it's drawn on an Irish bank account it should have been paid by Bank of Ireland from their drafts account - the money will be there to meet it. However, I think what has happened here is that ACC have seen the New York bank's name on it and promptly sent it for collection to that bank as if it was a foreign draft and not a euro draft drawn on an Irish bank.

ACc in Mayo only deal in large amounts now you can only deposit or withdraw €1000 per transaction, when my loan is paid off I will be moving

Back