about to go to a PIP/Financial planner/ any experience of Prima Finance/IMHO

Neoman

Hi,
I am about to go to a PIP/Financial planner/Negotiator to take over negotiations with my Mortgage and Unsecured debt.

I would like someone with a proven track record. I spoke with Prima but am a little nervous,they are very anxious for my business and work by negotiating with my credditors & agreeing a single monthly payment which I make to them, and they then pay my credditors minus their fee...in a deal lasting 5 - 7 years.
This gives me the itches as I dont want to pay money over to a intermediary. What if they get in trouble themselves and havent been paying my bills. It seems like a reversal of a debt collection company. They take the first months payment and then 15% per month.

I have also contacted Irish Mortgage Holders Organisation, and am awaiting their information pack.

I see a company called Money bloom in Drogheda have negotiated very favourable terms for a client.

Has any one any positive evperience/negative experiences.

Ideally I want someone to negotiate on my behalf for a fee...and then I make the payments myself.

Yes, I went to MABS around the end of 2012. they prepared statements of affairs which I forwarded to all lenders, who , with the exception of AIB have now all sold their loans to Cabot/Avant/pepper.
Mabs advised paying as much as I could against my mortgage(which I have done) and paying nothing to anybody else. They advised to let it run its course/legal action or whatever ensued as you cant take money from a stone.
I voluntarily surrendered our old family home which we were unable to sell after moving house in 2007. IBRC have now sold this leaving a shortfall of 155k. My house mortgage is also with IBRC.
I dont believe MABS will be able to negotiate settlement arrangements.
I could be wrong.

I have had all this going on now for 5 or 6 years and see no end in sight. No one is taking legal action and I've had it with letters and phonecalls and statements of affairs constant worry.

I'm quite happy to go for insolvency but I have heard that a lot of PIP's are negotiating similar debt settlements(as those being achieved by insolvents) before going into the insolvency process as the banks dont want the hassle and cost of it.

Neoman, MoneyBloom charge a flat fee of €250, regardless of the number of creditors. They put an affordable plan in place & negotiate with your mortgage provider.

IMHO are mentioned in the original post/subject but my understanding is that they only deal with mortgage (PPR and BTL) issues and not also unsecured creditors. I am open to correction on this but the documentation that they send out gives no indication that they deal with unsecured creditors and also states that they priortise keeping a PPR over paying unsecured creditors.

You are probably correct Clubman. The name is a bit of a giveaway I suppose. On their website home page it says " help clients deal with Creditors". I emailed them my info and an awaiting their information Pack.

Neoman, MoneyBloom charge a flat fee of €250, regardless of the number of creditors. They put an affordable plan in place & negotiate with your mortgage provider.

That makes it sound like €250 covers everything. I imagine you mean there is an initial fee of €250 and then there must be more costs?

I'm quite happy to go for insolvency but I have heard that a lot of PIP's are negotiating similar debt settlements(as those being achieved by insolvents) before going into the insolvency process as the banks dont want the hassle and cost of it.

Neoman, do you want to try and post up all your money issues on here and see what the posters on AAM think you could achieve. There are a couple of posters who are Pips.

As far as I can tell so far the insolvency system is being avoided by banks if at all possible and they will now come to arrangements. So if you are not able to negotiate yourself it would be important that you hire someone who is competent to do so and who will work in your interests rather than an emphasis on them getting money from you.

Neoman, it would be important that you hire someone who is competent to do so and who will work in your interests rather than an emphasis on them getting money from you.

Bronte. You have hit the nail on the head.
a)I have decided against Prima Finance.
b) I received Pack from IMHO. They will deal with all credditors and their fees are as stated in other posts I have seen here
c) Money bloom charge a fee of 250, 9does not have to be upfront), but they do also hope to sell the client new mortgage life insurance if required. They then charge 200 at every 3 or 6 month review. I do not know if they stand to gain in any other way, although I did say to her that I very much doubted they could carry out my work for so little.

I do not feel comfortable filling in one of the case study forms but in brief.

PPR.....outstanding 365k....value 200k....arrears....26k...monthly 1800 agreed payment 1200 but managing to pay 1350. IBRC

RIP.....Voluntarily surrendered in 2012 to IBRC.....Sold this year by them leaving a now unsecured shortfall of 155k

Aib loan 27k currently paying €100pm

car loan reduced payment €150pm

Subprime lenders Cabot/avant/etc €22k approx across 4 loans with no payments at all being made since 2012

Income self including some from self employ/ Mortgage interest Supplement/ Means tested social welfare payment

Income spouse..Half rate carers allowance and Domicillary care allowance for caring for our son who has special needs.

Total Income €35k

PPR.....outstanding 365k....value 200k....arrears....26k...monthly 1800 agreed payment 1200 but managing to pay 1350. IBRC

RIP.....Voluntarily surrendered in 2012 to IBRC.....Sold this year by them leaving a now unsecured shortfall of 155k

Aib loan 27k currently paying €100pm

car loan reduced payment €150pm

Subprime lenders Cabot/avant/etc €22k approx across 4 loans with no payments at all being made since 2012

Total Income €35k

So all your debt is unsecured, apart from your home, and you've a low income.

Ideally you would need all debt wiped and the home loan reduced to the amount that is currently serviced by 1350 monthly. Have a chat with IMHO and see what they can negotiate for you. They'll probably tell you not to post on AAM !

This is a perfect case for insolvency, it should but it seems to be beyond the insolvency service to have a solution for this type of case but yet people are not getting themselves sorted out by them. Bit failure in the system somewhere. Is it the cost of the PIP I wonder. Surely if people like Neoman could go to Mabs, they should be able to process the paperwork for free, or else design a system whereby he could go directly to the ISI himself.

MABS can only do the insolvency work on unsecured debt under 20k, after that they will just be negotiating payments etc, not write offs and long term solutions.

MABS can only do the insolvency work on unsecured debt under 20k, after that they will just be negotiating payments etc, not write offs and long term solutions.

I realise they cannot bring people futher than the under 20K procedure. But is there anything prevening them doing what the IMHO does? In other words negotiating with creditors based on what you can afford to repay and getting debt writedowns.

Back