AAM in firefox gone screwy

car

For last 2 days when I log in using firefox, if I go to a topic, e.g, I.T Broadband, any thread where I have previous posts is expanded (best way I can put it). more posts I have in a thread then the wider that thread has expanded. Really dont think Ive changed anything.

Logged in to AAM on IE, view fine.

Ideas?

I use Firefox all the time - haven't seen this happening. Suggest it could be your browser settings (View - Page Style - Basic) or AAM options (UserCP - Edit Options - scroll down to Thread Display)

HTH

Hi car,

are you using any firefox extensions? I had one on my old machine "[broken link removed] which had the effect of mixing up threads and posts on AAM.

aj

Hmm, its got worse, now its not only threads Ive got posts in. About half the threads in each forum are 3-4 inches high so a lot of scrolling is being done.

AJ, I did have that extension (among others), removed it but problem still exists. I tried playing with the view but no luck. Did firefox auto update last week sometime? I think it did, it might well be one of the other extensions I'll try and remove other extensions.

I took down a Firefox update today (1.5.0.7), under Linux, but no ill effects are evident. If the problem disappears when not logged in then maybe it's a server side issue, any chance you were tricking about with your User CP settings? although I can't see how you could cause this. In the first instance I would be inclined to remove and reinstall Firefox.

No problems with FireFox and AAM here either. I just applied the latest update and still no problem. What version of FireFox are you using? What extensions are installed?

I get the same behaviour whether Im logged in as car or not so it must be a browser setting. I dont get it on another pc when logged in which proves that theory. The posts which are "embiggened" differ each time I enter a forum. e.g. the "ssia, ssia...." post in letting off steam looks like an excel row that has been dragged down to resize, all other posts are normal. about 3/4 of the posts in the IT forum are resized but no posts in Good deals forum are affected.

firefox version 1507 so thats ok, I lost the functionality of 3-4 extensions going to the latest update inc the one AJ mentions above. Ive deinstalled all those though. Ive about 10 other extensions, going to see if its one of those (and reboot firefox each time to test :( )

If nothing else works then a last resort might be to uninstall FireFox and delete your profile/extensions and reinstall from scratch. Have you tried clearing your cache to see if that helps?

Ah, the cache, that most wondrous and unwieldy of IT beasts. All fixed.
May all your extensions have updates. :)

Strange one. Hard to know what caused it other than probably "something" that was cached. Good to hear that you're sorted.

Back