Health Insurance A word of appreciation for snowyb

elacsaplau

Throughout the year and around this time in particular a lot of folk have questions regarding their health insurance.

I would just like to acknowledge snowby's generosity in sharing so freely his expertise on this subject. AAM is very lucky to have such a resource.

When your so good and facilitating you truly get hammered by the likes of me for information:) Thanks again snowyb

Snowyb is my first port of call every May/June for my healthcare renewal. His suggestions always feature in best buys articles. Thank you snowyb-you're a star!

No doubt we are very lucky indeed to have Snowyb share his very extensive knowledge on Health Insurance matters. It makes the renewal decision so much easier. Again many thanks. M

Last edited:
Agree wholeheartedly.

I find the whole area so confusing and tried to find the best package through the comparison tool on the Health Insurance Authority website.

But it's so much easier and so much more reliable asking snowyb.

It would be great to be able to clone him or her.

Brendan

Me too. Always excellent advice which I have also shared with relatives, both to their and our advantage. Tx a mill, snowyb.

Last edited:
Snowyb is truly a legend of the AAM forum - much thanks. To the extent that I even recall a query posted recently to the effect of "FAO snowyb" :)

Would love to know the origin of your username. Maybe we could do an AMA on AAM with snowyb?? :D

Hi Guys,

Thank you all so much for your kind 'words of appreciation' in recognition of my tuppence ha'penny worth on health insurance on AAM.
Its encouraging to know its appreciated and being passed on to others.
Its totally my pleasure, I still manage to get a great kick out of posting info to old and new posters.

I have to give a nod to Conor Pope(Irish Times) the original whistleblower who lifted the lid on the skullduggery that the health insurers
were up to years ago, regarding corporate plans etc. He woke me up in every sense of the word regarding health insurance at a time when I was
as clueless as the next person and inspired me to leave no stone unturned in researching this subject.

Also, the platform that is AAM is like a type of liveline in written form, that allows people to share useful information on a whole range of issues
that affect us on a daily basis. Its invaluable in that regard, where you can learn from other peoples experiences good and bad on so many levels.
All credit due to Brendan for providing this forum.
I'm just delighted to be able to play a small part in translating the complicated health insurance minefield into easy, bite size pieces.
There are certain times when you need to be taken by the hand, and guided slowly through the information, step by step, in a clear and simple way.
Health insurance is one of those situations that needs this particular type of attention.

I don't do 'the limelight' very well at all. I'm a bit reserved by nature, it was the anonymity of AAM that attracted me to join in the first place.
If it wasn't anonymous I know I wouldn't have joined. Its amazing the confidence you gain behind a computer screen.
My family and friends don't even know I'm Snowyb.;)

Wishing everyone a happy and healthy 2019,
Snowyb

Back