a quote for a funeral - changes next day -upwards - very annoyed as it -preys on emot

Well try it if you wish. Better still all and everyone should purchase them for the day in question. Pretty sad if the public can't accept that an undertaker is allowed to make a profit whilst assisting the dead to be laid in peace.

For myself personally it wouldn't bother me as my faith doesn't go for these fancy paraphinalia and bits and pieces.

To be honest I dont think many people would notice if there was no handles on a coffin.

Believe me, I know a number of people that are Christian undertakers and the requests they receive for coffin handles and accessories are amazing.

Pretty sad if the public can't accept that an undertaker is allowed to make a profit whilst assisting the dead to be laid in peace.

I don't think anybody is begrudging the undertaker his profit per say, but rather how some rely on the fact that people are very vulnerable at the time they are doing business with them, and they take full advantage of that fact to rip them off!

Slightly off-topic but what happens at a cremation?
My own experience is that when a parent passed away other family members wanted (and got) a top-of-the-range coffin , I have always wondered if this was cremated with the remains.

Slightly off-topic but what happens at a cremation?
My own experience is that when a parent passed away other family members wanted (and got) a top-of-the-range coffin , I have always wondered if this was cremated with the remains.

Yes. Nothing can be removed from the coffin before Cremation.

Back