A Night in a Castle Where In Ireland ?

IrishGunner

Looking to stay in a castle somewhere in Ireland

Know the regulars Ashmore, Kinnitty, Dromoland

Anyone got any recommendations on Castles to stay in Ireland

Castle Leslie. Stayed there for a wedding. It's where the ill-fated marriage of Paul McCarthny and Heather Mills took place! Although I wasn't at that wedding!! Beautiful grounds. A lake in which you can take out a rowing boat, and a nice pub at the entrance to the grounds. Also some very nice walks around the castle. They have a good website you can google

It is fab, but they are now charging €500 ppn (non members)....everything is included.

Waterford Castle's cheapest offer at the moment for a weekend break is Standard room - Euro 530.00 for 2 sharing 2 B&B 1 Dinner. It's a while since I was last there but the food was great, and it's on an island accessed by ferry so there's a very exclusive feeling about it!

ballyseedy castle Trallee - well nice, say hello to Arthur for me! :)

Not so sure if its a castle or a stately house, but is really nice

The 4-star Clontarf Castle Hotel, Dublin, is offering a value-packed room rate and extra goodies for only £95 (€118) per room, per night (including tax), saving you over £100 per room!

Adare Manor might be worth a look. Biased cause I live on its door step but it is very beautiful. Great golf course if you are interested.

Steer clear of Castle Leslie, we were there recently after getting vouchers as a present and it is overpriced and overhyped.
They advertise a spa which turns out to be a glorified beautician, all their advertising related to the castle, but its actually the hunting lodge that you stay in. The castle is now a private club where you pay £3-4000 per year for access and then a futher 500 per night that you are there.

doogo - i just looked at ballnahinch castle , it looks beautiuful . i would like to go there at end of october, would this be too late in the year> is clifden far away?? do they have a pool and spa

BAllynahinch castle is really, really lovely - have been twice and second time even beter than had remembered it from first visit.

Markree castle in Sligo is great value for money, a bit run down (well it’s a castle) and not as fancy as some others mentioned but a lovely place to stay

Back