A 'meter' for broadband usage

TarfHead

I'm trying to manage my broadband usage as VODAFONE have informed me they will charge for any excess incurred in the month. At 30GB per month, I'm keeping an eye, each day, on my usage, based on the month to date figure provided on their website.

Does anyone know of any product that can measure this at a low level, e.g. data downloaded by website ? For example, if I watch a programme on BBC or RTE Player, can I measure how much of my broadband data monthly limit is 'consumed' ?

Thanks

I should have said that I was looking for something free, so the first suggestion wasn't one that suited me.

The second one has some unfavourable comments on the cnet site, and seemed to be for eircom only.

I downloaded tbbMeter and it seemed to work OK, but only for the PC; I guess I was hoping for something that would track all traffic through the router, i.e. 3 PCs, iPhone, iPod touch, internet radio.

Providing the site has not crashed again... How about just logging on to your 'My Vodafone at home' account and look at the Broadband Useage pie chart on the bottom left of the page.

Providing the site has not crashed again... How about just logging on to your 'My Vodafone at home' account and look at the Broadband Useage pie chart on the bottom left of the page.

.. I'm keeping an eye, each day, on my usage, based on the month to date figure provided on their website.

I am looking for something to provide a greater level of detail. As it stands, I'm 10 days into November, and my data usage is around 10GB. I know that large files, actively downloaded, account for a high proportion of that, and I can control how many of those are downloaded. It's the other data I'd like to be able to track.

is the pie chart thing updated immediately?

If there are limits on what you can download then the companies should let you know how much of your limit you've already used... this is very basic. I know this isn't the question you asked, but I just thought I'd mention it. It is very unfair on you if you have no way to determine your usage, yet you must observe limits. This places an impossible burden on you,.. COMREG should take action.

I don't believe that you will be able to get software that will measure your usage direct at the router... which is what you need. Your usage on the Vodafone site may not count.. which complicates matters.

I know in my case with Meteor that it isn't possible to determine with certainity what your current usage is, despite limits being applied to an advertised 'unlimited' service, in contravention of advice from both COMREG and the Consumer Association.

I used a program call Net Meter, which only works on one PC,.. I don't think it works on a router. It also had a trial period which expired.

Back