A lot of fence wire about 4ft high to attach to my timber fence to keep the dogs in

paddyjnr

Anybody know where i could buy a lot of fence wire about 4ft high to attach to my timber fence to keep the dogs from straying. I already have the electric collars but dont like having the fence on too long. i need about 500 feet of it and it seems quite expensive in most of the regular DIY stores, I would much appreciate any suggestions>>>

Re: A lot of fence wire about 4ft high to attach to my timber fence to keep the dogs

Agri supplier.

Re: A lot of fence wire about 4ft high to attach to my timber fence to keep the dogs

you can just use chicken wire which is way cheaper that "fence" wire - especially when you are tacking it on to the fence. You'll pick this up at any hardware store

Don't know about the chicken wire. I recently built a bit of a run for my two pure bred mongrels, and they keep busting out. The wire is pretty brittle if chewed on for a while, and snaps real easy, giving them an opportunity to expand the hole.
I would recommend something a little heavier guage, especially if its going to be in place for a while.
Plasticoated chain link may be the one, and as said previously, any decent agri or builders providers should have it.
Cheaper than the electric shock collars as well I would have thought.

Thanks guys, I was thinking that chickenwire would not be strong enough alright.

Back