A house in receivership

I know the bank - I'm not sure if it changed hands before it went to the receiver. It's not on Land Registry anyhow - so I'll check registry of deeds - but I think it will just give the original owner and perhaps the bank. It was built on his land. That's perhaps a good idea to CC the bank.

Update: house is still vacant: we still want to buy it. It changed hands and was sold by the bank to Link. (Marz link assets?) assuming that is LINK? any tips/pitfalls if approaching buying from a vulture fund?

Link is probably better organised that the bank. So by all means, contact them. Nothing to lose.

I presume that they will refer you to the Receiver.

Brendan

Perfect! is it known as Link or Marz Link? or both? Have they an Irish office? House is just sitting there getting damper and costs adding up the longer it is left vacant.

From my own knowledge of receiver sales, they have a set amount in their heads for the property sale and they rarely deviate from it. A derelict property would be a house with the roof about to cave in or rotton broken windows, I doubt a few weeds or overgrown garden would be classed as derelict. How do you know there's dampness, have you been inside? I had vacant house once, left empty for years and it never showed any signs of dampness right up until I sold it.

Derelict houses - depends on the local authority - I know of a fine big house in my last county a few doors away that was on the derelict register - empty 9 years and dry as a bone. (now sale agreed)

Anyhow that's by the by. Right now, we're not looking to have it made derelict, just wish to buy it. We are right next door and can see the damp inside.

Receiver - we approached and made an offer several months ago - contacted them since and they have just stated their client has made no decision...

Locks have been changed, power and water disconnected and it's just sitting there....

I hope you get it, annoying for you while you sit and wait. They usually give it to an estate agent but that doesn't seem to be happening in this case.

It would make it a great spot for us, it's a shared drive in entrance, so was never ideal (especially when tenants used to park in the garden area at the front of our house - if we owned the two it would give great space and privacy! not to mention a His n Hers House!! I've been keeping an eye out each month for it on BIDX. perhaps the receivers are just moving slowly with it or their is some legal hold up.

Hard to believe, it's been 4.5 years.

House next door is still vacant, we have upped our offer twice, it was due to go on BIDX1 in August....

The original owner is trying to do a deal to get it back but receiver just gone quiet.

Not much of an update, however the peace and quiet has been super.

Hard to believe, it's been 4.5 years.

House next door is still vacant, we have upped our offer twice, it was due to go on BIDX1 in August....

The original owner is trying to do a deal to get it back but receiver just gone quiet.

Not much of an update, however the peace and quiet has been super.

It must be well overgrown at this stage

Back