A good name for a kids activity centre?

Re: A good name for a business

I looked into setting one up for my wife who has quite a number of years creche/teaching experience.

Checked out kiddies kingdom in kilkenny, quit impresssive.
Site we looked at would require 1000 kids per week to work, 400 per sat/sun, balance during the week

Was in kidzone on saturday and there were 2 kids in there and they were charging €3 per full day. Tough business Id imagine

Where are they charging €3 per day? Friend is saying its 9.50 per person everywhere??? parties start at 14.00 per person with minimum of 10 kids! She should hang up her coat and stay at home if its €3 :eek:

Very good point. Its not exactly the type of business that one would expect to prosper in a recession.

Btw, could the OP or one of the mods please change the name of this thread to reflect better the discussion? Thx.

My thread title is correct. I asked for a good name for a business. The discussion and posts have swayed in the process.... whch is typical in this place ;)

It's €8.00 per child per hour in Nenagh and I think €6.50 special for weekdays before 2 or something like that ( with a free coffee thrown in for parent). I havent been there that often but I was there once a couple of weeks ago on a weekday and there were only four other parents in the place with about 10 children maximum for the hour I was there. There were at least three staff working if not four. Difficult to see a profit there and I'd imagine insurance must be extortionate. Although of course weekends/mid terms and holidays would be extra busy. But if she is also facing competition?

My thread title is correct. I asked for a good name for a business. The discussion and posts have swayed in the process.... whch is typical in this place ;)

I wasn't criticising your choice of thread title, honestly :) Its just that if the title was made a bit clearer (ie by using the words "kids play zone" or something), the thread might be found more easily if someone is searching for discussions on the topic at a later date. Isn't that one of the reasons for moderation :)

Re: A good name for a business (kids play zone)

It's €8.00 per child per hour in Nenagh and I think €6.50 special for weekdays before 2 or something like that ( with a free coffee thrown in for parent). I havent been there that often but I was there once a couple of weeks ago on a weekday and there were only four other parents in the place with about 10 children maximum for the hour I was there. There were at least three staff working if not four. Difficult to see a profit there and I'd imagine insurance must be extortionate. Although of course weekends/mid terms and holidays would be extra busy. But if she is also facing competition?

I think the nearest one is about 20 minutes by car.

I wasn't criticising your choice of thread title, honestly :) Its just that if the title was made a bit clearer (ie by using the words "kids play zone" or something), the thread might be found more easily if someone is searching for discussions on the topic at a later date. Isn't that one of the reasons for moderation :)

ubiguitous I really do hate when your right!!!! :p i`ve changed the title only because I think its the right thing to do especially when posters are doing a search later on... ;)

ActionSafe
Safe 'n' Play
Littards
Kidicident
Tumbin' Terrors
Play Café

Maybe 'The Fun Zone' or hmmmmmmm........., you need to come up with a name that is cool for kids but also tells parents we're going to send them home tired!!! 'The Energy Reactor/Destroyer/Zone/Vacuum/.....

Hope it goes well.

I'd be using the wifi more for itouch, PSP, DS, occasional eee - that kind of thing, rather than full blown laptops.

Why not ask your target customers? With the co- operation of your local primary school you could have a name competition. Whoever comes up with the most suitable name wins a prize.

Any bits in brackets are for answering the phone, inspired by the MLA financial institutions and government quangos.

Shooting Star's Childrens' Activity Centre (SS-CAC, maybe not)
Yourz 'R Ourz, For A While Anyway (YO-FAWA)
Kidz 'R Ourz, For A Limited Time (KO-FALT)
Drop In Your Offspring, Temporarily (DIY-OT)
Sprogz2Stay
You Breed 'Em, We Heed 'Em
You Train 'N Maintain, We Entertain
Rugratz Away
Anklebiterz 'N Adultz

... and so on ...

I can do more if you want but did I win a prize?

Back