A definitive reply to Evolutionist Propaganda

T

Telor

I have to read it!
Purely for entertainment value of course :)

T.

A DEFINITIVE REPLY TO EVOLUTIONIST PROPAGANDA

by Harun Yahya

Between early 2001 and the present day there have been a number of very interesting and important developments in the world of science. The advances made in different scientific fields have once again revealed the terrible scientific dilemma the theory of evolution finds itself in. The theory of evolution was proved in its present form in the mid 19th century by Charles Darwin and at that time provided enormous support for materialism. Such was that support that the present collapse of the theory is also resulting in the collapse of materialism itself.

Materialism is a most dangerous philosophy, which denies the existence of God, religion and the spiritual life and which regards matter as the only absolute and supports a selfish world view. The selfish, self-interested, combative and ruthless moral view which is still widespread in the world is the product of a materialistic-Darwinist viewpoint.

It is therefore essential to inflict an intellectual defeat on materialist world view, and to this end it is essential to reveal the scientific invalidity of Darwinism, which constitutes the basis of that view. This is an easy task, because Darwinism lacks any scientific foundation. The findings which have been made all show that evolution never happened.

In order for the true face of Darwinism to be revealed it is therefore essential that the effect of this propaganda be nullified and that the scientific facts be made available to as many people as possible. This book therefore examines the new scientific findings which unmask the evolution deception as well as the invalidity of the one-sided reports which have appeared in such leading evolutionist publications in recent months.

Yeah. Sounds like a very objective and balanced approach to the subject in question all right. :rolleyes

The theory of evolution was proved in its present form in the mid 19th century by Charles Darwin and at that time provided enormous

Darwins theory has never been proven, and may actually be impossible to do. Does'nt mean anyone has ever made a half decent stab a dis-crediting it though.

What I find scary is the warning stickers they are forced to put on science textbooks in the US that darwins theory is not proven, creationism....god....blah blah. You would'nt believe the amount of people I've met there who are get very upset about the subject....

www.arachnoid.com/psychology/index.html

"Apart from being filtered through all possible explanations, scientific theories have another important property – they must make predictions that can be tested and possibly falsified. In fact, and this may surprise you, scientific theories can only be falsified, they can never be proven true once and for all. That is why they are called “theories,” as certain as some of them are – it is always possible they may be replaced by better theories, ones that explain more, or are simpler, or that make more accurate predictions than their forebears.

It's very simple, really. If a theory doesn't make testable predictions, or if the tests are not practical, or if the tests cannot lead to a clear outcome that supports or falsifies the theory, the theory is not scientific. This may come as another surprise, but very little of the theoretical content of human psychology meets this scientific criterion. As to the clinical practice of psychology, even less meets any reasonable definition of “scientific.”"

Evolution is an observed fact. The fossil record shows evolution.

Darwin's theory of evolution by natural selection is a theory. It explains the fact of evolution very well. It predicts certain outcomes. I don't know if it can be proven or disproven. That's too philosophical for me. As of now, the theory of evolution by natural selection is the best we have and it will do fine until some better theory replaces it.

Brendan

> Evolution is an observed fact. The fossil record shows evolution.

That's not really true. Evolution is simply one theory for the origin of species but certainly the best one that fits the available evidence. Definitely more reliable than wacky alternatives such as creationism anyway. :\ Up to recently the evidence available was largely fossil and geological only. In recent decades genetic evidence and investigative methods has also become available which have helped to refine the theory of evolution. It's pertinent to note that there are some bitter ongoing divisions between certain palaeontologists and geneticists in this regard (e.g. with respect to the timing of the splitting of the evolutionary lines between the old and new world primates and our human antecedents) which have not yet been resolved. Politics and ego affect scientific practitioners as much as any other field of human endeavour. Sometimes more so! Note also that since the theory of evolution is only c. 150 years old it hasn't really been possible to use it to predict future outcomes to any greate degree given the timeframes involved. I'd strongly recomment the following two excellent and easy to read books for more background on these issues if anybody's interested:

The Third Chimpanzee: The Evolution and Future of the Human Animal by Jared Diamond

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0060984031/qid=1087463959/sr=ka-1/ref=pd_ka_1/103-8896341-6422212 (www.amazon.com/exec/obido...41-6422212)

The First Chimpanzee In Search of Human Origins
by John Gribbin and Jeremy Cherfas

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0760745420/qid=1087463941/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/103-8896341-6422212?v=glance&s=books (www.amazon.com/exec/obido...ce&s=books)

Read Guns, germs and steel by Jared Diamond. Very interesting guy

Its all theory! The only constant is change and we'll only get th eanswers when we meet God in the afterlife!
I cant wait to find out who really killed JFK or did the Yanks really land on the Moon. Are Liam Lawlor, Ray Burke and the rest of Berties henchmen really corrupt!
Only Allah has the answers!!

> Only Allah has the answers!!

I thought that it was Smarties?

Hi Redbhoy
Good to see Harun Yaha's book has been an inspiration to you.....

who really killed JFK

- LH Oswald

or did the Yanks really land on the Moon

- Yes

Any more questions?

Hey Smartypants- thats what "they" want you to believe! Dont know about Lee Harvey but hte eveidence stacks up against them landing on the moon!!

I watched a programme (I know - don't believe everything the TV says) that gave fairly conclusive evidence that Oswald was indeed the shooter. It dispelled a lot of myths too. Like the fact that Oswald couldn't have shot accurately from where he was. In fact, he wasn't that far away from his target at all when he shot and he was the top marksman in his year at his academy, making the shot not all that hard.
It also provided computer generated evidence of where the shots came from in relation to the entry and exit wounds.

What evidence is there that the US didn't put a man on the moon?

Redbhoy is CORRECT!! They couldn't have landed on the moon since it DOESN'T EXIST in the first place!!!

[broken link removed]

Anyway, as the Red Hot Chili Peppers sang "space was made in a Hollywood basement". What more PROOF do you people NEED!!!!? :mad

Ever hear that song by the small faces about the dissappearing of the moon
Classic

Jeez, folks, let's rein it back for a moment.

Here are the facts: we don't know if there is a god and if he/she created us, but there is some evidence to support the theory; we don't know if we evolved from something or other, but there is some evidence.....; there are fossils from which we can learn things, but behaviour does not fossilise; we don't know if there was a This post will be deleted if not edited immediately or if he performed miracles, but there is some anecdotal evidence and hear say........; we don't know if the Americans landed on the moon, and probably will never know.

Now, can we please leave it at that, and stop slowing down the server with this nonsense and get on with answering questions about tax, property investments, PRSAs, etc.

If anyone wants to continue this thread, go over to boards.ie, where, among other things, there is a "fascinating" discussion on masturbation. Many of the contributors on AAM seem to be experts on this topic.

Now, can we please leave it at that, and stop slowing down the server with this nonsense and get on with answering questions about tax, property investments, PRSAs, etc.

I'm sorry, Wasn't this in the Don't ask about money/letting off steam section?

Of course, if you are a moderator you could remove it..... oh wait! You're not!

T.

Heres one site regarding moon landings:

[broken link removed]

Not the best Ive seen but I can't dodge work all day googling!!

Back