A cushy number: easiest job you've ever had

astrobiologist.jpg

Was 'post boy' in a large factory/office during school holidays - many afternoons spent snoozing in a comfy office chair in the stationery store room downstairs - had a supervisor who had mastered the art of sleeping while filling out forms.

Attedant for the Leaving Cert Exam supervisors. Had to bring in Coffee or tea - sit outside the rooms in case they wanted anything. Rarely disturbed so caught up on my sleep, junk food and doodling.

Edit: Had to stand at a large coke bottle shaped ice bucket at the K-club during the Irish open ( I think?). Keep it stocked up with coke/fanta/water for the golfers when they arrived at the Tee. As soon as I ran out of "product" ( we weren't permitted to refer to it in the vernacular) I was free to wander off and watch the golf. One Morning I fell asleep behind an advertising board at a Tee off, was woken rudely by Seve Balesteros teeing off and very attractice entourage member laughing at my scruffy sleepy head popping up out from behind the board. The Marshals were not amused.

Back