A co. besides Eircom installing new phone lines?

Lorz

Have Eircom a monopoly in this area or is there another co. I can use to install a new phone line? I don't believe ~€120 is good value for money especially as I'll most likely be waiting 6weeks for the line to be connected at the exchange! I recently had a business line installed with Eircom, waited 6 weeks, made numerous phone calls and when I tried to make a complaint I was told that I hadn't been waiting long enough for them to log the complaint! In the mean time, I received 2 bills for the line which hadn't been installed!

Thanks in advance.

I had a problem like your however mine was a private household account. It took 2 months to get once i ordered and received a bill before the line was connected. Made calls to Eircom and was shouted at by rude customer care agents. Let them set up the line after loads of messing around and the following day moved to talktalk so I don't get any bills from Eircom anymore.

Sorry for duplicating! Guess I'll have to speak to the automated voice on 1901 - Great!

I have been logging complaints with eircom since 10th February every 10days..in the beginning I thought I might be getting somewhere but following another call to "Customer Care" on Monday it would appear that no action is being taken. I shall of course be switching my calls the day I am connected (if that's possible)

I was informed by Customer Care rep (who incidentally had very poor english) that they were not late enough with the installation - to which I replied late enough by whose standards? I would consider a business customer waiting several weeks too long! Her english was so poor that she couldn't explain how long I would have to be waiting before they would log the complaint - it ranged from 30 working days to 30 days - anywhere between 4-6 weeks! Great service.

got my phone line in two weeks ago. guy called to the house in the evening for form to be signed had line in house within 3 days

I'm sure a complaint on the "Customer Service" (or more accurately the lack thereof) wouldn't have a minimum time period attached.... and would provide a round about way of having your main concern addressed.

A company who holds such a monopoly who believes 6 weeks is an appropriate time for connection is an absolute disaster! Wonder if you made them wait 6 weeks from the deadline of payment of a bill if they'd be so understanding.

No other options available at the moment.

Maybe for a fixed phone line there aren't any other options. However, as a direct result of AAM recommendations we went with blueface. This coupled with wireless broadband (or cable) does away with the need for an Eircom land line.

Works great for us.

Lorz said:
I was informed by Customer Care rep (who incidentally had very poor english) that they were not late enough with the installation - to which I replied late enough by whose standards?
Comreg actuallly give eircom up to 1 year to install a line . Thats to make life easier for Comreg who used to be inundated with complaints and not for the benighted consumer.

Eircom must resolve a complaint within 10 days but YOU MAY NOT COMPLAIN TO 1901 so it does not matter whether their english is crap (20% of the 1901 staff are not Irish) and IMPORTANTLY 1901 is not the Complaints department. Nor will they tell you the telephone numbers of the complaints departments.

You MUST COMPLAIN FIRST to 1800 200 481 and make sure they give you a reference number, your 10 days starts then.

However a delayed installation comes under the customer service guarantee and is not a normal complaint and they will not tell you so you must separately also complain to 'the customer service guarantee center on 1800 400 000 in relation to complaints or claims of this nature' ( see below) and make sure that they also give you a reference number.

After the 10 days are up you may go to Comreg who are notoriously useless and consider the consumer to be an unspeakable form of vermin. email consumerline@comreg.ie while also :

a) including your 10 day old Eircom references from both complaint depatments
b) demanding a complaint reference number from Comreg lest the poor dears lose your complaint.

Thats 3 reference numbers, do not mix them up. There are no email addresses for prime complaints or this grarantee shower but you may separately complain to complaints@eircom.ie and to the MD phil.nolan@eircom.ie thus making a grand total of 4 complaints to eircom and 1 complaint to Comreg. the MD need not give you a reference number by the way. Now you MAY be gettng somewhere. Thats good.

The eircom code from www.eircom.ie / customer service /complaints

This next bit is a lie, Comreg will simply not talk to you until your complaint (s)are live with Eircom

HTH

Bitch away !