99 Opel corsa

finbar

To anyone thinking of buying an Opel Corsa .I barely made it home from work on Tuesday as the car had an engine management fault light.The car was splutering , trying to cut out etc.So off to my mechanic whole had to hook it up to a computer to diagnose what the fault was 100 euro.The fault is the idling stepper motor (275 for the part) but managed after much complaining to opel to get a trade price of 230.When the part is fitted it will cost another 100 to hook it up to the computer to clear the engine management fault, plus the labour to fit the part which will be from 40 to 70 approx.
My sister had a similar problem only last week on a 98 corse only it was an air flow sensor , 200 for the part 100 each time for the computer hook up , also this happen 2 of her friends and to my mechanic all 98 - 99 corsas.
All of the above are common and regular problems with corsas .Opel are only too well aware of.From talking to the parts guy at opel Crosson in swords they have plenty of these parts in stock as they are regularly going.Not giving Opel a good name , i for one shall not buy another Opel Corsa.
Has anyone else had similar fate with their Corsa that could add to the list or has anyone with the 94-00 model corsa never had any trouble at all? , please reply.

Yeah happened my 99 also, car would cut out while driving and it cost my same as yourself

Back