99.87% of Louth PRS properties fail local authority inspections

Here we go again, this time Waterford rentals are in a shocking state

The usual, huge numbers of failures, rogue landlords etc.

Again, nobody ever looks at why the properties fail, weedy gardens, cracked tiles, no microwave etc. etc.

The article also says that apartments are the worst offenders. That indicates common area problems which the individual landlord can do nothing about.
 
I shake my head at the utter absurdity of all this. Up until recently a concerned tenant could have contacted an authority to have an inspection if they felt their rental was substandard and have a remedy actioned.

That should have been an end to it, but as usual, Ireland has to be "best child in class" and go far beyond what's required and regulate the heck out of things.

Now, with the goal to inspect EVERY PRS property at least once every 4 years, yet another "monster" has been created with these taxpayer funded inspection companies (I wonder if they are flat fee contracted to councils or do they get to charge for every inspection - re-inspection even for silly things like weeds and "damaged" skirtings?) - plus whatever overhead the councils will incur in managing all this.

Between that and the ever expanding RTB the amount of money wasted regulating us must be through the roof - and the net result is just more landlords leaving..

I think I'll go set up an inspection company!
 
Now, with the goal to inspect EVERY PRS property at least once every 4 years,
I'm aware of several cases in Cork of properties being inspected more often than that. When the owner pushes back, they get the email reminding them it's a criminal offence to obstruct an inspection.
 
Back
Top