96/97 small car with power steering

Old Jim

I am looking for a small, cheap car for my fiance to learn to drive. Something round €2K. Micra would be my first choice for reliability reasons. Do any 96/97 Micras come with power steering. This is probably a must have (weak arms!). Any other options for small cars that are reliable with ps? Thanks.

Some VW Polos from that time have power steering, I have a '95 1.3 and it has power steering, had it 5 years with nothing but a wheel bearing to replace outside normal servicing. Feels much more solid than a Micra also but I'm sure both are equally safe. Maybe some of the Japanese import Micras (Nissan March) have power steering.

Do Insurance companies look any differently on imported (Japanese) Micras, than say a Irish one?

I have a 97 ford Fiesta with no probs so far your looking at about €1500 to € 2500 bepending who you buy from. Make sure you bring someone along if your not sure about cars ,to check out the car if you buy from the buy and sell...just to be sure.

Old Jim said:
I am looking for a small, cheap car for my fiance to learn to drive. Something round €2K. Micra would be my first choice for reliability reasons. Do any 96/97 Micras come with power steering. This is probably a must have (weak arms!). Any other options for small cars that are reliable with ps? Thanks.

Suzuki Swift is an extremely reliable car and there are loads of them going cheap have a look

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=search&sortby=PriceAsc&maxrows=100&Make=Suzuki&MakeID=30&Model=Swift&ModelID=257&GroupID=738

you'll find info on the Swift plus all other cars on the below site.

[broken link removed]

Good Luck ;)

Back