90" x 90" Curtains Too Short by approx 5"

dublinflyer1

I bought 90" x 90" curtains for my living room yesterday but they are approx 5" too short.

Will I have to get curtains made or is it possible to buy ready made 90" width and 95" drop?

Don't think you would get 90x95 as I've never seen them for sale. You would have to get ones made to your specification unfortunatly, which could prove costly.

Thanks for the swift replies.

Curtain pole could only come down another inch and then the centre bracket would be in mid air.

Would it be possible to suspend the curtain rail only with screws on each end and none in the middle or would the pole bend in the middle? Curtains are faux silk type so not incredibly heavy.

If they aren't so heavy, it'd definatly be worth a try. Are the curtains tab top or anything?

I have large curtains 90 x 90 the next size width up (130?) suspended on poles without a middle bracket and they are very secure. The certains would be heavyish and lined. So would say you could do this no problem.

If your certains are still too short would it be possible to buy a strip of nice contrasting faux silk or faux suede and sew a strip along the bottom? You can buy certains with a strip like that anyway so they should look good.

B&Q does variable length curtains - the hem is unfinished so you can adjust to the length you want.

Sprite

You can get 105" length, this may be a little long so you may need to hire your rail. Could you add a piece to the end - maybe bring an acent of another colour from the room?

Can you please clarify something - are the curtains too short in lenght (as in 85" rather than 90") or you bought too short a curtain (as in you really needed 95")?

Add a band of other material at end or other spot along the length?
Use toning/ contrasting / other as appropriate to the room.

If they're not tab-top then adjusting the location of the hooks/ eyes on the band might give you an inch or two also, and then drop the hem to give the extra that you need.

Another option might be to use larger rings on the pole - the bigger the diameter the further down they'll sit.

Back