8 weeks changeover from Eircom to Smart

dillon1876

I just signed up with Smart Telecom today.

I was on with Eircom and had broadband with them and paid my line rental to them and was with Euphony for my landline calls. Altogether costing me around €85 a month. Smart is going to charge me €35 a month for everything. ( Excluding the cost of the voice calls, which I dont use all that much anyhow.)

That's a saving of €600 in a year! The only negative thing is I had to cancel the broadband today with Eircom and it takes up to 8 weeks before Smart will have their broadband installed for me. They say it's Eircoms fault. And I also have to change my number. But if I'm saving €50 a month, then I dont mind.

Why do you have to change your number? I have heard (not sure if it's true) that most of the companies offering cheaper calls are buying them from Eircom and discounting them, so you still use your same number but get billed from the new guy.

Smart Telecom don't do this, (I don't know how they do it) but if you've a problem with your line, eircom won't fix it. Saving €50 a month is great but as the old saying goes "you get what you pay for"! Check it out.

if you want to 'park' your number and use it then port it to blueface.ie and connect via VoIp in future.

if you want to speed it up then email the boss, [email protected] and tell him 8 weeks is too long and you expect better.

Smart have unbundled exchanges, meaning they are smarts lines not eircoms, if there is a problem, smart simply fix it, not to mention you'll likely get somewhat better service from a smaller more agressive company like smart :)

Eircom manage the phone lines not smart. I just got connected to Smart and I ad to wait for an Eircom Engineer to connect me to Smart. After digging holes in my walls! That must have been pay-back for leaving Eircom.

maybe shouldnt have cancelled broadband until smart took over? for what its worth i signed up to bt for line rental and bb last october. but eircom still have the line rental. bb is bt but all i got in response to my complaint was a refund of €120 and a promise to look into the case. still be looking in the year 2010 if you ask me.

I was told I had to cancel the BB as you cant have BB on the line when applying BB with Smart.

Back