69 euro car service in Ballincollig, Cork

Rebelette

Anyone tried out the new place in Ballincollig (beside the Shell petrol station) offering a service for 69 euro?

i'd like to know what you get for €69... that price alone wouldnt even cover parts for a general service alone, never mind labour on top of that

Wonder if this is an inspection (tells you what should/needs to be done) rather than a full service?

I'd say its based on the (irish airline industry) model of business. Has its the usual * somewhere at the bottom ?

* Service may not include new oil or parts

As far as I know it includes an oil and filter change (oil included), brake pads etcc. Will try and get more info

my woman paid just over €200 today to service her ( lawnmower with a roof) daewoo matiz. at a daewoo dealership.( also a nissan dealership) the actual labour charge was €120 (before vat) easy and relatively cheap lesson for cu on this one. avoild nissan and daewoo like the plague. if they are charging €120 for two hours labour ( max) what profits have they on other items ie cars themselves? almera off my list permenently after today.
I can get a full service on a 5 year old corolla at a toyota garage ( Marrons in Castleblayney) for around €150. and the last time this included a new number plate, new wipers, and the usual oil change, filter etc etc.

As far as I know it includes an oil and filter change (oil included), brake pads etcc. Will try and get more info
To change the oil and filter yourself would cost €25 approx if you only buy five litres of oil and filter. Theres no way that they will change the brake pads as well for €69. The €69 is to draw the customers when they get them see how much they will charge.

Alfa twin-spark I presume? A plug set on one of those machines usually requires open wallet surgery!!

Alfa twin-spark I presume? A plug set on one of those machines usually requires open wallet surgery!!
you wouldn't get the plugs for that....
the dealers here charge just over €300 for the 8 plugs but I managed to get the set for about €110 from UK

got a full service on a corolla in a toyota dealer yesterday ( marrons castleblayney) usual oil, filter, air filter, new wiper blades ( one small one big) windscreen washer and oil disposal charge. also washed the car. labour was €90 and the total for cost of the service was €187. the milages was 60,000 and the garage said that as there is no timing belt on a corolla they would just have a look at the timing chain but that neither it nor the brakes should need replacing at that mileage. and neither did.
makes the daewoo service outragous so I rang the daewoo/nissan/chevrolet dealer today and enquired about their rate per hour. €60. lesson learned by me anyway. I won't ever consider changing to any of the above brands at any time in the future. if they are charging €60 for labour per hour they obviously have absolutely no regard for their customers. mrs cu unfortunately learned the lesson the hard way.

I paid €120 for first service on a 06 Astra last month: oil and filter change, top up fluids, screen wash, rotate tyres, visual check of all important items (as per handbook), new number plate and lubrication of gearchange linkage etc. I know this simple service could be done for less than €50 if you had the wherewithall, but this is something I'd happily leave to a garage- plus you want the warranty book stamped. I thought this was reasonable enough. AFAIK €60 per hour is the standard hourly labour rate for a garage these days.....

know someone who used the ballincollig one. Found them really good. 100 euro or so I think (incl vat)

Carpenter - you paid someone to rotate the tyres ? Sure, don't they be doin' that themselves when you drive the car ? Like . . . the wheels on the car go round and round, round and round . . .

z

carpenter: you paid €120 for the service. she was charged €120 for the labour. for a lawnmower. the most an oil change/ plugs change/air filter change on a daewoo matic would take is one hour. tops. and when you mention it - the front number plate could have done with changing as its splitting. not that a mechanic would have the time to notice it with only 2 hours allocated to the job. and another item I forget about. her front seat stopped going back and forward last year. snapped cable. so guess what? I had to buy a new one today. they didn't even change that. one garage to be avoided in future anyway.

Autofast in Ballincollig (next to Shell garage) serviced my car for €89 last month. I dropped it in, two guys went to work on the car straight away. I went for a sandwich and it was ready for me when I returned about 30 minutes later. At €89 I reckon I got great value and didn't lose the car for the day. It just goes to show how normal mechanics wrip the customer off.

I actually posted this on the other thread before I came across this one, but here's my 2c worth...

It's next to the Shell Garage on the Main Street (opp Aldi). I recently brought my car in there - didn't need an appointment. I was able to call in before collecting the kids from school and the job was finished in about 15 or 20 minutes. €89 well spent as far as I was concerned - and it was great that I didn't have to be without my car for the day! They had a nice warm waiting room too (it was lashing rain the same day).

Back