6.5 mo pregnant and living on aunties couch, cant get on housing list. What to do?

rolo19

hi, im useless at anything like this and i'll be honest i dont no much about benefits and entitlements.

Here's my situation: Im 6.5 months pregnant and have not had a stable address in over a year. There is no way i can move back home.

I was working full time but stupidly handed in my notice after a big row with my boss over her makin indecent comments about my pregnancy in front of customers.

m tryin to resolve things at the moment as i finished up yesterday. If she does take me back it will only be part time.

i've been trying to get on the housing list but they keep telling me different things like I need an address but I have not got one as i have just been staying in different places every 2 weeks. At the moment i am on my aunties couch but I cant stay long as she has her own family and baby and a couch is not really suitable for someone who's 6 and a half months pregnant!

WHAT DO I DO? Can anyone help me please?
thank you for reading.

Last edited by a moderator:
rolo19

One way out of this may be to register as homeless with the HSE. Once you are registered as homeless then the local Council should be able to put you on their housing list.

From there you might be able to get an offer from your Council, or be able to apply for rent supplement from your local community welfare officer.

Would your auntie not let you use her address? It's just for paperwork, the council will put you on the housing list, and you can apply for rent alowance with your relieving officer at your local health centre.

Back