50k...thinking of putting it in Anglo@s 1 yr fixed term

Conclo

just wondering if anyone has any experience of this fixed term product, it seems good, but im an amateur so i'd appreciate any input. Thanks

Investec is the best at the moment. They are offering 6.5% AER on their 1 year fixed. Your money is guaranteed by the British protection scheme 100% up to €50,000.

yep just did a bit of research on hte web and cmae up with Investec myself too, have u any experience of dealing with them, i.e will i need to go tru hoops to open account

i really need to have peace of mind re the 50k, in another life it used to be 83k before the world economy fell apart. The 50k is whats left... i know all the experienced more savvy investors will think its nuts to cash in and put in regular savings but ive lost 15k of my own money plus profit so i cannot sit by for another round of losses, so any advice at all is appreciated

im thinking of going with anglo as its completely covered by the state gaurantee and investec is covered by the uk gaurantee, .....then just when ive decided, a friend says yeah anglo is a good deal but id be worried cos they are so heavily invested in property.... so please any pointers as im driving myself mad here

yep just did a bit of research on hte web and cmae up with Investec myself too, have u any experience of dealing with them, i.e will i need to go tru hoops to open account

Rang them on Friday and got all the opening docs today - They have been very helpful thus far. No hoops.

hi fungus, so Investec seem straight forward... thanks for your input. just out of curiosity why are u going with them as opposed to Anglo? is it the higher rate of interest or have u dealt with them before

I have also applied to Investec for application forms and they e-mailed all info immediately. I am investing with them because I have an account with Anglo already. Spreading around is a good idea. I think a better idea to spread between irish and english banks. I reckon the guarantee in England is as good as the irish one, if not better, but purely a personal opinion.

Back