5 Star Holiday on a budget

J

Jean

Happy Friday Everyone...!!!

I'm in a bit of a pickle...

Myself and my boyfriend have €2500 to spend on a holiday (last two weeks in Aug) and we don't know where to go...
We went to Egypt two years ago and had a great time, stayed in five star hotels and it was so cheap over there...
After that holiday its hard to go back to the dodgy self-catering fortnight in Greece or the Spain...

I was thinking of Dubai - but heard food and drink are expensive over there...
Can anyone suggest somewhere within out budget, with great accommodation, great beaches and relatively good nightlife..??

Any advice greatly appreciated...

Cheers,

Jean ;-)

Jean

See other posts here on Dubai. Have you considered the Carribbean, Antigua, St. Lucia or a cruise?

Slim 8)

Hi Slim

Id love to go somewhere like that... but would we get there on €2500...?? I wouldn't think so... Have you been...??? Can you give me more information and do you know the cheapest way of booking...???

Cheers Slim

Jean ;-)

Jeb's territory.

Head off to the Florida Keys. Rent a car and drive around the coast, stay in cheap motels one night and better hotel the second night. Have a look at www.hotelclub.net

5 Star

I'll ckeck that out.

Thanks a mill...

Jean ;-)

Re: Cruise

Jean

I have not been-yet-but know a few who have. Yes, it is expensive but I met a guy on Tuesday who had surfed the net after a tipoff and got a weeks Med cruise last month(June)including flights for Stg£500, said it was the best weeks value he ever had. He sailed on the Ocean Village, he thought he booked it with Thomas Cook - worth a look I'd say. The Carribbean cruises came down in price quite a lot and the Euro is still good against the dollar. Might be some good value out there if you can go to USA via London on Virgin or such like.

Bon Vacances

Slim 8)

Caribbean at a good price

Dominican Republic in Caribbean is less expensive than many other islands- and all-inclusive deal means you have a pretty good idea of the overall cost before you leave - check tripadvisor.com for reviews of resorts and virgin travelstore/ebookers.com for package deals - you may have to get yourselves to UK to join the package deal but i'd say you'd get a pretty nice resort in DR for less than your asking price

hth

Thanks!!!

Thanks a million for all your advice...

I'll look into those ideas...

Cheers..!!

Jean ;-)

5* Holiday

Try www.cruiseireland.ie for direct flights from Ireland to the U.S. and all inclusive cruising for less than your budget. It is a fantastic experience and the Euro v Dollar is good.

Back