4G signal booster

Bocking14

I want to improve the 4G signal strength in my house with Three Ireland (800/1800 frequencies). My phone can get 1-2 bars of 4G on an external windowsill and I tether my MacBook to it.

I'm moving house soon so don't want to do a hard install of an antenna to a mast. I also will want to use a signal booster in a camper van.

The devices I've looked at are (can't post links)

For home and mobile use (I'd have to use my phone SIM in this device)

KUMA Wifi Booster with Router Kit - 4G Internet Pocket Wi-Fi with High Power Signal Antenna (Amazon)

For home use only(no sim required):

Pro Mobile Booster Voice and 4G LTE – 300 sqm (Boosters direct)

There's a significant price difference. Has anyone used either?

Thanks in advance.

What is the reception like at your new place? And is the another provider that provides better reception?

I've used this with a Gomo SIM to provide internet/WiFi when I moved into my house initially while I was waiting on an installation.

Ask what THE expert Sean says: [broken link removed] but you are trying to solve the same problem in two different locations (current house, new house) and that may mean two different solutions.

Hello,

While not the cheapest, I'm with Vodafone, as they offer a booster service for calls, over WiFi (WiFi calling).

I know that means having to have broadband, but I will tell you that it works, very well. The calls are very near prefect.

I'm in an area with very poor mobile signal, across all networks, so I would be lost without it.

I think Eir are the only other company to provide WiFi calling, but be aware of their terrible customer service, before even considering them.

Back