4 Day week - Holiday Entitlement

Harry31

Just a quick question about Good Friday. I work 4 days, usually with Friday off. As the business will be closed on Good Friday, am I entitled to work only 3 days next week?

I do have the option to change the day I take off from week to week, so maybe I should just change it to Thursday & have Friday off like everybody else

But you said you usually have Friday off anyway .

If you were due to work friday next week , then obviously you will end up only working 3 days next week .

But if you have the option to change to working Thursday instead of Good Friday , go for it . -

As you normally work 4 days a week , you do have a holiday entitlement , but not to a public holiday entitlement , but a paid holiday from your annual leave .

Actually I got on to HR & they informed me that as I work 4/5ths of a "normal" week & all other staff are given Good Friday off I can take the Thursday off as it's a bit daft to make me work 4/5ths of a day. Glad I got the approval, I wouldn't want to take something I'm not entitled to.

Actually I got on to HR & they informed me that as I work 4/5ths of a "normal" week & all other staff are given Good Friday off I can take the Thursday off as it's a bit daft to make me work 4/5ths of a day. Glad I got the approval, I wouldn't want to take something I'm not entitled to.
My HR Department would pay you for 4/5ths of a day's pay in lieu of Good Friday. My company closes on Good Friday. You would get payment at year end when all the other B/H's are taken into account as well.

Back