3v demanding personal documents

bond-007

Got a registered missive thru the door from 3v looking for documents such as passport and 2 bills. Says its so they can comply with their obligations. It says they need them cerified by the gardai.

What will happen if I don't comply with their request? Surely its their responsibity to ask for these documents before allowing a person to buy the 3v vouchers?

I applied for 3V and although I have not even put money in it yet I was never asked for any such documents. I applied over 3 months ago. I would ring them if I was you or ignore them. Hope this helps.

It is their responsibility to have all money laundering docs on file .... same as if you were opening an account with a bank. I recall that NR put a freeze on our account till they received all proofs of address etc from us.
As you already have the vouchers ...it seems you're ok...but they may prevent you from getting any more vouchers till you send the stuff they need....

There is nothing on the letter stating what would happen if I don't comply. As i have spent all the vouchers I have nothing to loose. They know excatly where and what was bought with them. I won't be using them again anyways.

Got my debit card from AIB so adios 3v.

I wouldn't think they could do much to you if you don't comply, apart from preventing you from spending further money with them. It's their responsibility to get this info from you in the first place and tough on them for not doing it right. They should ask this info when you first apply to use the service, not 3, 6 or 12 months down the road.

That was the original problem with 3v in the begining anyone could use them with no more than a unregistered mobile and no name and address verification. I see they only send out cards by post now which is an improvement.

Can they PTSB get into trouble because they didn't ask for the info in the first instance.

Bond-007

I recieved a registered letter from 3V also, however when i rang the number on letter it was explained to me why the information was required. In the 3V terms and conditions it states that a customer is only allow spend €2500 in a 12 month period, beacuse i was verging on that amount they requested the details so that they would not have to deactivate me from using the services. By sending in the documentation i am not limited to this amount any more, and they told me i wouldn't be asked again for it. I sent in the information, from what i gather if you stay in the 2500 range you wont be asked for it.

Back