3v cards - lose money after expiry?

aoc

my brother gave me his 3v card and says there is over €100 on it... i've topped it up now myself... but do you lose what was on it previously if you don't use it by the expiry date previously issued???? bit confused - never used one before.....

also, when you are using it do you put in the visa number that is on the top up receipt as your visa number?

If it has expired the funds can be withdrawn to a bank account.

Yes, you enter the number from the receipt as your visa number.

he says there should be 100-130 on it.... just wondering can i use that on top of what i put on it...

great... i thought that, just checking, so many numbers on the receipt!! :)

great... i thought that, just checking, so many numbers on the receipt!! :)
Yes to a bank a/c or you can transfer it all to a newer 3v voucher which you have bought. Im not sure tho if there's a limit on it tho, don't leave it for say a year that's very long.

Yup it's all in the link supplied above, if you can read it. I actually find the light colour hard to read.

You can add the money left off an expired voucher to a newer one so long as the total value on the active one does not exceed €350. There is a €2.50 fee to transfer the funds to the other voucher.

ok.... thanks for all info :)

now my prob is he cannot rem the password for his 3v card or the email address it is linked to (don't ask.... long story:) )

so.....am i reading correctly that you can transfer the balance on card to another card... so i could then set up new account etc????? ok i realise there is a charge involved.. but is it do-able?

You can add the money left off an expired voucher to a newer one so long as the total value on the active one does not exceed €350. There is a €2.50 fee to transfer the funds to the other voucher.

Value can now exceed €350.

From the link I previously gave:

The Voucher that will receive the money must be active and the balance of this Voucher after the transfer cannot exceed €500.

ok..... almost there....... finally got all passwords etc sorted...
so there are 2 transaction amounts on the card... am i assuming correctly in that i can use the full amount in one transaction? as in for example i put €50 on it, was already €50 on it, can i spend €100 with the visa number and password i have???

Back