3rd Party House bidding/negotiation service - anyone used one?

thejuggler

Has any one used a third party to act on their behalf when bidding on a property - someone who knows the ropes and won't get fooled by estate agents tactics etc? I know of only one company providing this service (get-sorted.ie - no connection to me). Perhaps there are others. Would like to know if someone could recommend such a service.

I have no idea why one would pay someone who had a bullish opinion of property to be bearish on your behalf. It doesn't make sense.

A quick look at the home page, [broken link removed] suggests it's a service aimed at the cash rich/time poor to line up viewings, rather than a bidding service.

There is also the Buyers Agent.ie. Thing I don't understand is where the motivation comes as the fee is a percentage of the sale price rather than a percentage based on their negotiation skills. Your solicitor can put forward bids on your behalf or perhaps approach another established estate agent and ask them to act on your behalf, incentivising them to neogitate the best price rather than taking a percentage of the final figure.

Back