3k - where to put for 10+yrs

Happy Girl

My ten year old son has 3k in a credit union acc earning 3% p.a. As he does not need it and won't need it for another 10yrs I would like to put it somewhere that it is earning decent interest. Surely with a 10+ yrs time frame there should be plenty out there. I have searched "best buys" but basically I want something that there is no time restriction on e.g. Quinn Life Freeway but don't want to put it into that cos we have acc ourselves with them and don't want to put all eggs in one basket. Any ideas?

basically I want something that there is no time restriction on e.g. Quinn Life Freeway but don't want to put it into that cos we have acc ourselves with them and don't want to put all eggs in one basket. Any ideas?
For a period of 10 years I would think that a low charges unit linked fund with an appropriate risk/reward and asset mix profile might well be a good idea. You can still diversify by putting it into different funds with QL. Alternatively there are other low charges funds that might suit your needs. See here:

Lump Sum Investment Funds (Unit Linked, Execution Only)

Back