3ireland modem won't work

taxi

I got my new laptop but I can't get the 3ireland modem to work, I know it's not a problem with the signal as I have another laptop set up beside it.

I keep getting the following messages:

Invalid modem
Write configuration to registry failure

Now the light isn't even flashing.

Would it have anything to do with Norton Antivirus which came with the laptop.

Any help would be much appreciated as I am going to throw the whole lot out the window:mad:

Now the light isn't even flashing.
It might need more power, use the double-USB cable. Also, see if the laptop being on mains power helps.

Would it have anything to do with Norton Antivirus which came with the laptop.
Yes. It could be blocking the installer and almost certainly will block the Internet access until proper introductions have been made. RT*M.

It's quite common for the gadget to be a bit slow installing, be sure to give it a few minutes before giving up.

right click on the installer and select run as adminitrator.

Vista is an ass for not running programs as admin even if you login as an admin account.

Hi there,

I had a similiar problem when we got out first 3 modem in December 07. We tried everthing to get it to work, spent hours on the phone to their helpline, even had an engineer come to the house and brought out pc back to the shop where we purchased it thinking that might be at fault. There were no answers. Then hubby spotted that they had a newer model around Feb/March 08 ( a black modem), they were happy to swop it for us and we had no problems at all with this one....

When did you get your modem? Is it black ?

I'm in work at the mo- but can check out the model number when I get home.

Hi all thanks for the advice it seems to be working ok now so fingers crossed

Back