3G iPhone?

Z

z106

A lot of reports recently in teh press were saying that perhaps peopel are better off aiting until teh 3G version of the iphone comes out.

It could be out within 12 montsh according to some reports.

WHat does teh 3G do that the current iphone doesn't do?

Is its main advanatage faster download or what?

Re: 3G ihone?

I dnot konw if yuo solhud wiat but yuo slhuod not buy it yet as it scuks but lokos ncie :)

Compare the 02 package here to the U.K. and then dont get one!

A lot of reports recently in teh press were saying that perhaps peopel are better off aiting until teh 3G version of the iphone comes out.

I believe it has a spellchecker, amongst other features :)

I dnot konw if yuo solhud wiat but yuo slhuod not buy it yet as it scuks but lokos ncie :)
Lads - lay off the gargle when posting. ;)

It would be nice to see 02 offer this on pay as you go!

Two chances I think. It'll be nice if it's €127.21 ($199). (Two more chances...:rolleyes:)

Yeah, I've wanted one for a long time, but the pricing with O2 for iPhone version 1 was a joke, and will only get worse when the 3G version is released here on 11 July - AT&T have already increased the monthly charges in the US for the new iPhone, which will no doubt 'inspire' O2 to do the same here.

I won't be getting one unless O2 seriously rethink their pricing (or at the least bring it in line with O2 UK's charges), which is not going to happen.

Only a 2mp Camera and not sure if it has MMS capabilities has the old Iphone ?

Was thinking of getting one of these in the states and then getting it unlocked as dont want to be tied to O2

Wonder how long it will take for them to get codes / software to unlock the 3g and will it be able to update any software from Apple ?

Jobs is supposed to have said they would match the US price in most markets - wonder will Ireland be the exception?

The pricing model is different, Apple are not taking share of usage revenue, and allowing subsidised handsets, so maybe the tariffs will reduce to reflect this?

The other interesting point is that they have moved away from having an exclusive supplier in the latest countries they have rolled out in - any chance this will happen here?

One other thing - the speed improvements between old and new is only approx 2.5 - is this really 3G speed? Certainly not HSDPA...

From the RTE Business News Page

O2 sets prices for new iPhone

Apple's new version of its iPhone, the iPhone 3G, will be available in Ireland on July 11, according to O2 Ireland, which is the exclusive carrier in Ireland.

O2 says the prices of the new phones will start at €49, ranging up to €229 depending on the size of memory and the O2 tariff chosen by the customer.

So sounds like a big cut in price to be honest

Yeah saw that afterwards on the O2 site, prices aren't bad - €229 for 16Gb €45 per month tariff.

And they still have exclusivity.

Yeah, but what's the story with the 1GB data limit? On 3G you'd burn through that in no time. Compare it with the O2 UK 3G iPhone packages - unlimited texts and data for less money. I won't say r**-o** ;) but it's pretty damn close...

Oh, and according to the UK O2 website they'll be offering the iPhone on a pay-as-you-go option.

On the flip side, they now have free Wi-fi access to Bitbuzz's hotspots which should mean in Dublin at least not having to rely on 3G all that much.

Only a 2mp Camera and not sure if it has MMS capabilities has the old Iphone ?

No MMS which is crazy.

The real reason not to get an iPhone is O2 Ireland's refusal to implement visual voice mail and the fact that they charge you to access your voice mail. Obviously the two are in no way related, O2 wouldn't gouge the Irish comsumer in such a cynical way. :)

Back