3G Broadband

loll

Anyone using the 3G Broadband from 3 Ireland,,,,,,, any comments??? unsure if this has already been covered!

i'm using it right now. 3 mobile broadband. I just got rid of my bt broadband because i didn't need the phone line.

it costs me 20 euro per month and I don't notice any difference in quality or speed.

I would recommend 3 broadband.

Mr V recently got one and the coverage is very good with 3, just out of interest though- those of you who got 3 did you have to pay a deposit.

I have a 3 hsdpa data modem. Its a pretty poor service for the following reasons:

- you will not get anything close to the 3.6M - I average 700Kb on download and 50-60k on the upload (sending emails)
- the link is rather unstable
- many issues with smtp (sending email only)
- vpns not supported.

check out this before buying...."[broken link removed]" over on boards...its got nearly 3000 replies...

[broken link removed]

i'd only consider it as a last resort. cost is okay as long as you keep within the download limits, but as the other thread highlights, the speeds achieved are generally nowhere near the advertised speeds - worse so than 'normal' broadband. I've heard of people getting better speed from dial up in some cases.

Agree with all about mixed reliability and speed not near what's promised. But the roaming deal is very good. You can use it in UK with no extra charge

O2 and Vodaphone require a first-born child as a deposit and charge the equivalent of the national GDP of a small country to pay the roaming rates.

GOT THE 3 BROADBAND AFTER, AND AM SORRY I DID, IT CAN BE EXTREMELY SLOW, WHEN RINGING CUSTOMER SERVICES NO ONE SPEAKS ENGLISH AS THEIR CALL CENTRE IS BASED IN INDIA, IT IS V DIFFICULT TO DOWNLOAD STUFF!!! WHEN IT IS WORKING LIKE IT IS TONITE IT IS GREAT. AND YES DID ALSO HAVE TO PAY A €50 Deposit!!!!

Mr V recently got one and the coverage is very good with 3, just out of interest though- those of you who got 3 did you have to pay a deposit.

Coverage was good, but speed after the initial week was very slow. Took it back on fourteenth day and cancelled contract. Am now trying O2.

In relation to the deposit I was interested because Mr.V was taking the 3 modem at the same time as another person in teh shop. She was not asked for a deposit but he was. When he asked why he was told it was probably because he was not irish, the deposit is discretionary...

Back