35mm to dvd

S

scorcese

I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with having 35mm film reel converted to dvd format. I have done a little research online and there seems to be 3 methods for conversion. The cheapest method consists of recording the projected image from a surface to a camcorder and then to dvd. The next method involves lifting the image from a mirror or screen and is of better quality. The most expensive method(and the one I`m interested in) consists of individually scanning each frame into a digital scanner. This method is obviously of a higher quality than the others but after ringing around camera shops and some online places it seems all the Irish companies use the first method. Does anyone know of a company here that uses the last method? I know there are U.S. and British companies that use this method but I`m a little apprehensive about sending 40yo film reel of my parents wedding in the post. Having said that, any experiences with online companies would also be very welcome. Thanks in advance......

Can be done in Swords for €60 per reel.

Had it priced, but didn't proceed. PM me for the details.

Regards,

Digi

Back