35k savings, reasonable amount of access needed

johnmurf83

Have savings of 35k at the moment. Will be buying a house at some time in the future although I am not under pressure to buy. Living outside Dublin so doesn't quite look that properties have bottomed out here yet (I am not trying to speculate on the direction of the housing market btw). I am wondering am I best to keep all 35k in an instant access account with KBC or should I just keep approx 15k (the amount I would mostly need for a deposit on a house). Does the interest on instant access accounts accrue daily or will I receive no interest if I was to withdraw it before the year is up. Thanks in advance.

With KBC Smart Access, interest accrues daily and pays annually.

What are you saving the 35,000 EUR for? Will you need access to the cash in the near future?

not saving for anything in particular. will probably use some of it to furnish a house if i buy one or would like to invest in something. am public servant with pension backed up by avc so have that side of things taken care of.

not saving for anything in particular. will probably use some of it to furnish a house if i buy one or would like to invest in something. am public servant with pension backed up by avc so have that side of things taken care of.

If you think you will not need the 35,000 EUR for 1 year then I would suggest going with the 'KBC Top Up' 1 year term deposit paying 4.10%. It is a good return for your money.

Back