- Age: 34
- Annual gross income from employment or profession: €20,000 (Teaching)
- Monthly take-home pay €1,200-1,500.
- Type of employment: Contract, private, foreign.
- In general are you: (a) spending more than you earn.
- Currently yes, but usually a good saver.
- Rough estimate of value of home €300k
- Amount outstanding on your mortgage: €0
- Other borrowings – car loans/personal loans etc
- Zero other borrowings currently.
- Do you pay off your full credit card balance each month? Yes.
- Savings and investments: €30,000 sitting in various deposit accounts.
- Do you have a pension scheme? No.
- Do you own any investment or other property? No.
- Life insurance: None.
What specific question do you have or what issues are of concern to you?
I am a single, 34 year old with no children. I currently live abroad making not much money. I have a house in Dublin currently sitting empty. I do not live in Ireland and don't plan to in the near future. I have my savings spread across Irish and foreign bank accounts. I am looking for advice mainly on future planning. Should I sell my house and buy an investment property in Ireland? Should I sell and buy in my country? (Lots of red tape) Should I sell now or later?