32" TV - LG or Samsung?

Logo

I need to buy a 32" TV and it's a toss-up between an LG HD LED (model 32LH510B) or a Samsung LED Freeview (model UE32J4100 720P) - both costing €239. Internet connectivity, HD and other bells & whistles aren't needed - just a solid reliable one with decent picture and sound. Can anyone recommend one over the other - LG or Samsung? Thanks!

As their both Korean top quality products, I dont think one has much superiority over the other to any great extent, But I would be more inclined to opt for LG, as they supply the parts for most TVs on the market.
To me its a bit like Hyundai / Kia. Two good makes but my preference would be Hyundai.

ive only ever owned lg or samsung in 21 inch bedroom tvs ( panasonic plasma in living room ) but the samsung was better IMO

Well there you go, simple decision

You wont be disappointed with either.

If this comparison is accurate then there's little between them. All things being equal I'd probably opt for a Samsung over an LG (only just). In this case the Samsung seems to have move TV Tuner options and more physical connectivity, and perhaps a better stand. The only thing the LG seems to have over the Samsung is H.265 media playback, which for me would be nice but I could live without.

Both have the same screen resolution. The Samsung has more powerful speakers. Samsung has 2 HDMI inputs, the LG has one. Both have one USB input. Go with the Samsung.

I would go with Samsung - had bad experience with LG power supply failing which was a well known issue.