32" TV - LG or Samsung?

Logo

I need to buy a 32" TV and it's a toss-up between an LG HD LED (model 32LH510B) or a Samsung LED Freeview (model UE32J4100 720P) - both costing €239. Internet connectivity, HD and other bells & whistles aren't needed - just a solid reliable one with decent picture and sound. Can anyone recommend one over the other - LG or Samsung? Thanks!

As their both Korean top quality products, I dont think one has much superiority over the other to any great extent, But I would be more inclined to opt for LG, as they supply the parts for most TVs on the market.
To me its a bit like Hyundai / Kia. Two good makes but my preference would be Hyundai.

ive only ever owned lg or samsung in 21 inch bedroom tvs ( panasonic plasma in living room ) but the samsung was better IMO

If this comparison is accurate then there's little between them. All things being equal I'd probably opt for a Samsung over an LG (only just). In this case the Samsung seems to have move TV Tuner options and more physical connectivity, and perhaps a better stand. The only thing the LG seems to have over the Samsung is H.265 media playback, which for me would be nice but I could live without.

Both have the same screen resolution. The Samsung has more powerful speakers. Samsung has 2 HDMI inputs, the LG has one. Both have one USB input. Go with the Samsung.

I would go with Samsung - had bad experience with LG power supply failing which was a well known issue.

Back