30something female car insurance

Carmel

My car insurance is due soon.

30 something female, 5 years no claims. Dublin 24 address.
Any recommendations for insurance company?

Want to shop around, just looking for a good place to start.
Any hints welcome.
Carmel

I've found it's different every year so you really do have to ring all the companies and a couple of brokers every single year. Last year, Axa were the best quote by far for me (early 30s, 4 years no claims discount plus they'd accept my one year named driver experience as well) - they were even cheaper than Hibernian who were already giving me an extra 20% discount for having done their Ignition course. If you check some of the threads already on this topic you'll find links and details for some places to get quotes from.

I found AXA to be the cheapest..I have a full licence, 5 years ncb, am fully comp with hubby as a named driver, early 30's and D24 address. I have found them to be the cheapest every year.

I use my car from time to time for work and they allow me 1000 miles per annum at no extra charge...other companies load the premium due to this.

Try plugging your details into www.123.ie but phoning around really is the only way.

Hi Carmel,

I would have a similar profile to you and recently changed my insurer as a result of a quote. My policy is now with Royal and Sun Alliance which surprised me as they are not a company you would hear mentioned very often with regard to cheaper insurance.
Previously I had been with Quinn Direct who seem to be known as the Ryanair of car insurance (ie no frills) so was very surprised to find their renewal quote beaten.

My wife is covered by Sertus Underwriting, based in Galway AFAIK and premium is very keen.....

Thanks for all the tips.
FYI, I have done the shopping around and the cheapest insurance for me ended up being with AA insurance.

Carmel

Must try them this year - think they've never been an option because you have to have at least five years no claim bonus and this is only my fifth year.

Back