30 y.old: Saving opportunity with no debts, no assets, but also no clue :(

OP started off by asking if banks were a good way to save-now they want to be in Property, which would require borrowings.

Everything is based on staying in Dubai till xx year. It's good to have a goal, but what if things change and you have to leave sooner than intended?

Personally, I would say if you are unsure about savings and investments, and plan on starting a family in 2015, then imvestkng in property is not for you at this time.

Put your money in a high a yielding bank account first and actively manage it as it grows, with little or no risk.

I know this is way off topic and I don't mean to be patronising in any way but you appear to be a young man in a huge hurry to get to an "ideal world" of luxury and happiness. Personally I dont think the world works like that.

If I was you I would concentrate on enjoying my new relationship for a whole lot longer before getting married. Your fiance comes from a completely different culture from you and a few extra years getting to know, each other, each others families and each others cultures would be very well spent. I think you should spend this time enjoying yourself and not to worry too much about money at all.

What you're planning is not easy. You are trying to juggle a new relationship, a new culture, a new wife, a new baby, a new job, a new country, a new extended family all into one very tight time frame. This doesn't make too much sense.

Slow down.

i know this is way off topic and i don't mean to be patronising in any way but you appear to be a young man in a huge hurry to get to an "ideal world" of luxury and happiness. Personally i dont think the world works like that.

If i was you i would concentrate on enjoying my new relationship for a whole lot longer before getting married. Your fiance comes from a completely different culture from you and a few extra years getting to know, each other, each others families and each others cultures would be very well spent. I think you should spend this time enjoying yourself and not to worry too much about money at all.

What you're planning is not easy. You are trying to juggle a new relationship, a new culture, a new wife, a new baby, a new job, a new country, a new extended family all into one very tight time frame. This doesn't make too much sense.

Slow down.

+1

Not to jump on the bandwagon but I was kind of thinking along the same lines when I posted yesterday.
The OP in a good position, good job, good pay, probably a nice Dubai lifestyle etc. etc. but yet seems to be under alot of pressure, some of which seems to be coming from within.
Take it easy, you are putting alot of deadlines on yourself some of which might not be entirely necessary/achievable.
If you have doubts about anything you have wrote about just make sure that you are in a position where you can say no, or no not yet!

This doesn't help with the original question - but I do agree with others - this does seem very like a project plan. God forbid the child doesn't appear on exactly the right date!

Agreed it doesn't help with the original question - but peoples financial decisions are usually driven by their personal circumstances. It's often relevant to look at the personal circumstances when considering financial decisions.

Back