30 minute chronograph watches

DublinTeach

When using the chronograph how will I know when 10 minutes have elapsed and when 40 minutes have elapsed on a 30 minute chronograph as in both cases the minute hand is pointing to 10 minutes and less than one hour has elapsed so the hour hand will not have moved.

Many watches have the 30 minute chronograph e.g.

and less than one hour has elapsed so the hour hand will not have moved

I'm no expert, but I'm not aware of any analogue faced watch where the hour hand doesn't constantly move only steps in 1 hour increments.

I don't mean the main hour hand... I'm talking about the smaller hour chronograph dial which usually goes up to 12 or 24 depending on the watch.

I have sent an email to 3 main watch shops in Dublin and a watch manufacturer and haven't yet received a reply in the last 2 weeks. I can't find information online either. Maybe it just counts up to 30 minutes however the existence of the smaller hour chrono is confusing this for me.

If you've asked this on watch forum and got no answer I'm doubtful you'll get it here. I assume setting it a second time isn't the answer you are looking for.

I've been looking for watch with timer that has vibration and an unlimited repeat on snooze and my conclusion is I'll only get it on smart watch with a custom app. With a smart watch you have unlimited timers, alarms and stopwatches.

Back