3 Network - Pay as u go

podgerodge

3 have launched their pay as u go service

at 18cent to other 3 mobiles and landlines, and 35cent to other mobile operators at all times, it won't hold much interest to off-peak users though...

Very disappointing. Meteor already offer 20c anytime to landlines and any network PAYG. So unless the majority of your calls are to other 3 mobiles this has no advantage and would actually be more expensive. Hardly the fierce competition we were hoping for.

Hardly straight talking either - their ad in the independent today makes a big deal about 3 cent talk and requires the usual magnifying glass to see that this applies to "three to three" calls and only for a couple of months.

Sent an email voicing my disappointment to robert (dot) finnegan at 3ireland dot ie.

waiting for a reply!

Just had a look through the 3 website and it is very dissapointing the choice of phones is appalling and very limited, either very dear or very cheap with nothing in between.I seem to remember when 3 was launched they said they weren't going to have a prepaid service. It now looks like they were forced reluctantly to go down this road due to lack of customers. Does anyone actually know a 3 customer.
I'm going to send a message to their CEO suggesting a daring and audacious price plan that would totally revolutionize the incredibly dear Irish mobile market.

3 to Landline 3 cents(24hr) 3 to other networks 33 cents (peak)
3 to 3 3 cents (24hr) 3 to other networks 9 cents (off peak)

18c a minute after an introductory offer of 3c a minute lasteing a few weeks . The introductory 3c offer is for 3 to 3 calls only when they should be 3c at all times if they are ever to get traction in the Irish market so that ad should read 18c to all mobiles except a few three ones .

Do they think we are stupid ????

i'm a three customer and very very happy, on the contract side they beat all others hands down.

600 mins a month for 60 euro

or 300 mins and 300 texts which is what i have.

they always intended to get into this market but wanted to launch the contract first to get a foot in the market according to one of their sales reps. My best mate is a manager in a phone shop and has a lot of dealings with them.

are they cheaper than o2 and vodafone on the prepay ????

Ron Burgundy said:
they always intended to get into this market but wanted to launch the contract first to get a foot in the market

No they didn't. I emailed them when they joined the market asking why they wouldnt offer pay as u go and got a real self satisfied reply saying they didn't need to offer it as their intended market was bill pay.

Ron Burgundy said:
are they cheaper than o2 and vodafone on the prepay ????

maybe for some people who want anytime minutes. Certainly not for people that want off peak plans - and there are a lot of people like that. A missed opportunity for 3 to make a difference.

2Pack said:
that ad should read 18c to all mobiles except a few three ones .

Do they think we are stupid ????

Worse than that - it's 35 cent to other mobiles!!!! 18 cent to 3 mobiles! Yes, they really must think we are stupid or else their research department should be sacked.

podgerodge said:
No they didn't.

well i am saying as i was told by their rep, i had a coffee with him and my mate, what i'm waiting for is web text.

a lot of customers don't research and thats why they get away with these charges

i'm a 3 customer. i must say i am very happy with their service. i pay 25 euro a month for 200 minutes which does me fine. i have never had any problems with them.

Alex said:
i'm a 3 customer. i must say i am very happy with their service. i pay 25 euro a month for 200 minutes which does me fine. i have never had any problems with them.

thats good for you and others that bill pay suits. But the discussion is regarding pay as u go.

podgerodge said:
But the discussion is regarding pay as u go.

someone asked in a previous post if a three customer existed, 2 people have come on here and said they are happy with the service and you talk down to us. If you dont like what they are offering do go with them, but don't belittle others getting a good service.

Ron Burgundy said:
you talk down to us. If you dont like what they are offering do go with them, but don't belittle others getting a good service.

I'm not talking down to anyone. I simply said that it was good that bill pay suited some people. Feel free to start a thread entitled "3 Bill pay great service". The heading of this thread is "3 Network - Pay as u go" - that's all I was pointing out.

same as me Podge, the pricing is other than transparent and honest with 3Pay Pre Pay

Its pretty straightforward with the post pay bundles which means I have no issue with them. Of course their coverage is sad and useless and about 50% population and thats a third thread I fell like starting (not :p)

2Pack said:
Of course their coverage is sad and useless and about 50% population and thats a third thread I fell like starting (not :p)

No need to start this thread given that your information in incorrect to start off with.

3 use the vodafone network for 2.5g coverage so they have exactly the same coverage of population, and this is significantly more than 50%. 97-99%?

If you're referring to 3g coverage, they also use Vodafone network whereever they don't have their own 3g coverage. And with regards to 3g coverage, it was never planned by any of the mobile operators to have a significant 3g coverage in Ireland - only main cities and planned, and major traffic routes, but not anything like 2.5g coverage.

ronan_d_john said:
No need to start this thread given that your information in incorrect to start off with. 3 use the vodafone network for 2.5g coverage so they have exactly the same coverage of population, and this is significantly more than 50%. 97-99%?
emm they use voda for gprs and voice outside their own network where their network 'runs out' . Voda have 99% I will accept for 2G voice and text but more like 90% for gprs.
If you're referring to 3g coverage, they also use Vodafone network whereever they don't have their own 3g coverage.
absolutely not , their roaming with voda is for 2g only , and I am referring to their 3g coverage.
And with regards to 3g coverage, it was never planned by any of the mobile operators to have a significant 3g coverage in Ireland - only main cities and planned, and major traffic routes, but not anything like 2.5g coverage.
3 have a licence that obliges them to cover 70% of the population with 3g service , eventually (or 2009 if I'm right) . Their voda agreement does not make them compliant with this they must sort 3g coverage somehow. At present their coverage is so crap I would say 50% population is about the height of it.

As for the eventual coverage do remember that 2g will be turned off in 2018 and half the country by area will have no mobile coverage then unless 3g coverage is extended .

But we digress. 3 Pricing Transparency for prepaid customers is what we are on about.

Their pricing is crap and misleading, just like their coverage map :D

2Pack said:
Their pricing is crap and misleading, just like their coverage map :D

what rubbish:rolleyes:

as some one who is one of their customers and use my phon all over the coutnry for work i've never had a prolem. dont generalise .

Just had another look at 3's prepaid offering if it was near 1st april I would have thought it was a
joke.3cent calls to other 3 customers great if i knew any! small print then says this "special offer" only last till august 3 months! whats wrong with 3 years or 33 years or forever.I think I'M right in saying they now hold the distinction of having the dearest weekend rate to other mobile networks 35c and landlines are 18c.

their 3g coverage map in Galway is twaddle, you are on voda all the time.

INBScbagger said:
I think I'M right in saying they now hold the distinction of having the dearest weekend rate to other mobile networks 35c and landlines are 18c.

Pretty sad after all their blathering that they cant even match Meteor. You summed it up well INBScbagger with the April fools comparison.

As 2pack reminded us please remember this thread is about prepaid.

Back