3 mobile broadband settings question

partnership

Hi

A friend of mine uses a 3 Huawei e1550 dongle for connecting tot he internet on her pc. It is pay as you go and there is 20 credit in it. It will not connect so I have been having a look at it. It flashes green - which the 3 website says no coverage which I don't understand. an error message comes up about the settings being incorrect but as I uninstalled and reinstalled it I don't understand it. Does anyone have the settings for it - it comes up as a dial up and dials **99* or something like that.
Any help appreciated

I use this type of dongle, and I would suggest ;
1. Make sure you are in an area of 3 coverage ( check can you get a signal on a mobile phone)
2. The dongle should self install.
3. If you want to check settings ; 0n the home screen go to tools, then options, then Profile management.
4. My settings are Name 3USB Modem, APN Static, APN 3internet, Access no. *99#
Advanced settings ; IP Dynamic, APS tick CHAP, DNS Dynamic, WINS Dynamic.

If above does not work, I suggest phoning the 3 Helpline who will be able to talk you through the installation.

I hope this may be of some use to you. Nodo

Hi Partnership, If you could check with a mobile phone , it should tell you if you have 3 coverage in your area. Depending on the phone you have , checking would be something like ; Go to settings, then to Wireless and Network, then to Mobile networks, then to Network Operators. If your phone does not show a signal from 3 your dongle will not connect for you. Try the 3 Helpline tomorrow. regards, Nodo.

Back