2nd property or trade-up?

Liteweight,
As my previous post states, I NEVER said or intimated that one should not buy a PPR - I totally agree that everyone should have a PPR. My comments are simply my thoughts on the queries that were posted i.e. using 100k to trade up a PPR, but with the intention of trading down in about 9 years (to invest in buy-to-let) or buying a buy-to-let now. I simply think that the latter option is better than the first

I agree, better to use the 100k to purchase an income generating asset(property or shares) rather than trading up on your PPR which generates no income. (Unless of course you need the extra space).

Liteweight,
As my previous post states, I NEVER said or intimated that one should not buy a PPR - I totally agree that everyone should have a PPR. My comments are simply my thoughts on the queries that were posted i.e. using 100k to trade up a PPR, but with the intention of trading down in about 9 years (to invest in buy-to-let) or buying a buy-to-let now. I simply think that the latter option is better than the first

Yes given the two options I agree.

Back