2nd full test failed for different issue

Oscar1

Hi all, I have got my car tested in limerick NCT center and failed for few reasons. Than I booked for the retest mean while I couldn't get one part fixed on time and ring them to extend the test 2 more days but got declined.i have put the car in retest anyway and it passed for the all the reason but beark pipe was failed in the first test as well that was the part I couldn't get fix in first time. After !!! I have got car fixed according to previous 2 reports and fit full test booked in cork where I was working. Test I got failed for advanced currosion that was never mentioned in previous 2 test just within 40 days. I disputed and they called the car for review again and inspector called me in and showed me the middium rusted pipes. Issued another report for the corrosion and said how they didn't see that last month test. I said this is not fair on me I was dealing with NCT last Two months and I got 55 euros check in the post but still no NCT on my car. I need advise if I need to claim compensation regarding Nct confusion conflict caused stress last 2 months.Regards

If you need to??? You have no entitlement to compensation.

Corrosion can be missed depending on where it is located and how clean the car is at the time of testing.

If you need to??? You have no entitlement to compensation.

Corrosion can be missed depending on where it is located and how clean the car is at the time of testing.

It was dry week I don't know what you mean by clean,no mud. Currosion was visible with a bear eyes.In first test their was no corrison but after 40 days second test it was advanced corrosion. I was very disappointed when second report failed for something never addressed in the first report

If I understand your post correctly , your car failed it's NCT 3 times. First 2 for a brake issue and now for corrosion. If we assume the corrosion was in place for the first 2 times then it should have been spotted but it wasn't. Potentially it worsened between the first and 3rd test. Why are you looking to be compensated if your car is not roadworthy? That's not the NCT's fault. Even if they had spotted the corrosion the first or 2nd time, your car would still have failed.

You could complain over the quality of the testing but the reality is, your car would still have failed.

Your car failed the NCT test = not fit for use on public roads.

Don't annoy yourself beyond that, get it fixed and retested if it is good enough it will pass, if not
scrap it.

Back