2A+3C €5,787 last year up to €7,377.26 this year: claiming health costs

babydays

Am about to change our health insurance plan for 2 adults and 3 kids.

Our last year was a strapping €5,787 and our renewal is imminent with a new high of €7,377.26!

I have never felt so ill or panicked from looking at a bill.

I haven't put in any claims over the last 2 years I'm just checking that if I only submit my claims after I downgrade our package will we be reimbursed according to our last plans benefits?

Regarding your query about submitting claims for the past 2 years - you will be re-imbursed as per Health Manager plan.

Note, as far as I know you are supposed to send in your claim within 3 months after your renewal date every year, ie, before November 2013.
While this years is fine, I'm not sure how strict they apply that rule say for the previous years expenses. VHI are strict in applying the 3 month rule after renewal date as a cut off point for sending in a claim.

I would fill out a separate claim form for each year, August to July, anyway and send them in before 1 November 2013.
You can also claim a refund from Revenue on a Form Med 1.

It is something to bear in mind every August, just after renewal date, to send in your outpatient day to day claim promptly to avoid losing out on a refund.

As regards your astronomical bill for E7,377pa, you can relax now having whittled it down to less than 2700 for the same hospital and outpatient cover, for the whole family. See all the details in your other post.

Regards, Snowyb

Back