23-year-old with 20K debt

Status
Not open for further replies.
MandaC, well said
+1. Cindy is a very angry young lady, still young enough to put any debt problems behind her before she hits 30, still in employment unlike many her age. Dmos 87 gives her great advice and personal experience but its wasted. This isn't a problem, it's a letting off steam......I wouldn't know how to help someone with that much anger and blame against everyone.

Why not move to a cheaper flat - that would free up extra cash each month and a quick daft.ie check shows 140 1-bed places in the dublin area for less than €600pm.

You appear to have no interest in sorting out your expensive (compared to your income) lifestyle and instead keep looking for excuses as to why you need to drop your debt and run away.

I predict that if you ran away from your debts you would end up back in the same position in 5 years time.

Just one thought. Have you considered asking your parents for a loan? Many parents would love to help out and I am sure they would be willing to accept amonthly repayment from you, interest free.
I know it can be difficult to do something like this, would you give it a go or.....

It seems to me that would solve some of the symptoms but not the problem and might wreck that relationship in the process.

I hate to be judgemental of anyone, but your attitude stinks to high heavens. Anyone who has been in debt like this before, myself included, have had to make sacrifices. We may not have liked them, but to help ourselves out, we knew we had to make them. Get a grip and realise that you have to sacrifice some stuff if you want to clear your debt. You say you accept responsibility for it all, but you don't really as you are now unwilling to sacrifice anything to right your wrong.

Wow lots of comments here, trying to remember them all to answer.

I'm not blaming anyone for my actions. However, I think people on this thread are being very self righteous when they say I should be able to live like this for another 5 years "having €50 left over at the end of the month" - any idea what that can do to someone's state of mind? It's very easy to preach to people when you're NOT in the same position.

To the person who suggested the 1 bedroom flat in Dub, that's what I was originally going to do, however I figured the petrol up and to work would work out the same. I think I got a good deal @ €650 per month considering my location and the fact that it is a lovely apartment.

To the girl who agreed with me on the cat issue, thankyou. She knows exactly what I'm talking about. Unlike some others who just "presume" on here.

I would love to ask for a loan off a family member but my mother is extremely poor and my father is a nutcase who wants nothing to do with me or my siblings. Yes that may sound like "oh look she's making excuses again" but that's the thing - you couldn't make it up! It's all true.

To the strange girl who said "the guards hate you, nobody here likes you, the banks hate you" - I don't know where you got that idea from. Perhaps you should take your little lecturing strop somewhere else eh? The guards have no problem with me. The bank has always praised the way I pay them on time every month. And as for people on here...?? grow up, I'm not in school, I really don't concern myself with what some random strangers on the net think of me...that's immature.

And to noora - your advice has been about as helpful as an ashtray on a motorbike. I've noticed the lads on this site are much more sympathetic ad understanding than the women. I can't help but feel alot of women on this thread are somewhat "jealous?" of the fact that I may run away from this debt when perhaps one time in their life, they had to "make sacrifices" and "pay it all off, no matter what the cost". It's kind of like "well that's not fair, coz I had to do it, so why should you get off scot free?"

It may sound silly but how come it's the women who are nagging on here and trying to put me down? Pathetic indeed :)

Rather than move this thread the LOS I have closed it since it has run its course.

aj moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back