20k to Invest

Radiowriter

Hi Guys,
Looking for some advice. I have 20k to invest and am considering my options. I already have money on deposit, prize bonds, savings bonds and gold. I’m now thinking of purchasing funds through Rabo or an online broker. Another strategy could be a managed fund but I’d want to be able to sell if and when I needed.
Risk would be moderate with 5-10 year return time frame. Any advice welcome or thoughts on alternative investments.

Hi Guys,
Looking for some advice. I have 20k to invest and am considering my options. I already have money on deposit, prize bonds, savings bonds and gold. I’m now thinking of purchasing funds through Rabo or an online broker. Another strategy could be a managed fund but I’d want to be able to sell if and when I needed.
Risk would be moderate with 5-10 year return time frame. Any advice welcome or thoughts on alternative investments.

markets are having a torrid time this past number of months , id sit on the sidelines if i was you or perhaps stick more money in gold , europe is not anywhere near settled yet and the markets are in two steps forward , three steps back mode every few weeks

I am no investment expert but do have a good working knowledge of the main investment types. I would disagree somewhat with farmerette, most people tend to invest when markets are on the way up,Warren Buffet tends to do the exact opposite and invests when everyone else is selling! Eurostoxx 50 price is at a 14 year low at the moment so will it fall further...perhaps but the market has priced in that Greese will default so perhaps now is a good time to invest?

If you are looking to buy equities, I would buy ETF's over a number of months. I would also invest in other assets such as commodities and so on. I am quite nervious about Gold as the price has increased too fast over the last few years (be careful the bubble doesn't burst)

Thanks for the replies. I tend to agree with Baracuda that EFT's are a good bet but as with any investment, not all eggs in one basket. I think Gold has a little way to go yet, certainly as long as the markets are nervous and there's the possibility of euro country default but it’s late in the day to be buying. I might look at EFT’s and other commodities as suggested. Thanks.

Back