2015 Local Property Tax

STEINER

I got my LPT demand on ROS today. I will probably elect before 7th January 2015 to pay by SDA, with a payment date of 21st March 2015.

The amount due reflects the 15% reduction that South Dublin County Council ratified.

Same here, I set it up for the SDA for March 2015 and it gave the option to do the same for 2016 so just did it. Its done and set up now so I can forget about it. Wouldn't think the Government are happy its gone out this week in light of the big water protests this weekend. But like you my local authority dropped the rate so happy with that, every little helps!

Took me a while to figure out what SDA stood for! My query is that I pay by monthly Direct Debit and will this amount de adjusted to reflect any local authority reduction in the rate?

The ad from Revenue in todays papers has answered my query. Direct debit payments will continue for 2015 and Local authority reductions will be made by Revenue.

My sister is about to close the deal on a house she is buying in a Receivership sale. The hose is new, hasn't been lived in previously. Contracts were only signed/exchanged in recent weeks. Does she have an LPT liability for this year ? Is it the local authority or Revenue she needs to contact on this ?
Thanks for any advice !

Back